Resume & Cover Letter Tips
Cover Letter Articles
- What is a Cover Letter?
- The cover letter is one of the most important documents you will ever write.
- Creating a Cover Letter
- A good cover letter is like a good research paper: Despite what you may think, it is not written overnight.
- Is My Cover Letter Any Good?
- Good cover letters are more than perfect grammar and unblemished spelling.
- The Format of a Cover Letter
- In order to leave a good impression with your cover letter, use your head. You are writing to a boss, not your best friend.
- Uh Oh, my Cover Letter Has Problems
- You've finished your cover letter and everything seems perfect. Not so fast.
- Cover Letter Do's and Don'ts
- What to do (and what not to do) when writing a cover letter.
- What's a Good Cover Letter Look Like?
- As we've described, cover letters usually come in one of three forms…
Cover Letter Examples
- What is a Resume?
- A document that aptly summarizes your experience and qualifications for a particular job. True. But a resume is much more.
- Resume Do's and Don'ts
- What to do (and what not to do) when writing a resume.
- What Goes in the Resume? Don't Forget these...
- Ideally, a resume is about a page long. Because of the limited space you won't be able to include everything about yourself.
- An Artfully Shaped Explanation of Your Life
- Putting a resume together does not mean starting at the top of the page and simply working down through objective, education, employment history, etc.
- The E-Resume
- Just as more and more cover letters are being sent electronically to employers, so are resumes.
- The Three Main Resume Types
- What you want to be handing out is a logical and presentable illustration of yourself.
No Login? Register for a free account
Interested in applying for VR&E services?