Special Employer Incentives (SEI) Program
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program provides eligible Veterans an opportunity to obtain training and practical hands-on experience concurrently through the Special Employer Incentives (SEI) program. The SEI program is for eligible Veterans who face challenges in obtaining employment. VA is responsible for determining if a Veteran is eligible to participate.
Veterans approved to participate in the SEI program are hired by participating employers, and employment is expected to continue following successful completion of the program. VA facilitates the process by identifying suitable placements and coordinating efforts between all parties. As a result, the SEI program is beneficial for both Veterans and Employers.
EMPLOYERS WHO HIRE VETERANS RECEIVE:
- Reimbursement of up to 50 percent of the Veteran's salary during the SEI program, which typically lasts up to 6 months, to cover:
- - Expenses incurred for cost of instruction
- - Necessary loss of production due to training status
- - Supplies and equipment necessary to complete training
- VA-provided tools, equipment, uniforms and other supplies
- Appropriate accommodations based on individual needs of the Veteran
- The advantage of minimal paperwork to participate
- VA support during training and placement follow-up phase to assist with work or training-related needs
VETERANS WHO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM RECEIVE :
- Immediate income and benefits as an employee
- Increased chance of being hired as a result of employer incentives
- Valuable skills, learning in a practical setting that meets the employer's specification
- Opportunity for continued employment following successful completion of the SEI program
- One-on-one support from a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or Employment Coordinator to assist with training or work-related needs
For more information, please visit www.benefits.va.gov/VOW or www.vetsuccess.gov. If you prefer to speak to a VR&E representative, please visit your local VA Regional Office. You may also call 1-800-827-1000.
View the flyer here
No Login? Register for a free account
Interested in applying for VR&E services?